Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question

2007-08-02 16:57:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question
From: "Greenberg, Katherine (ISD, IT)" <Katherine.Greenberg AT thehartford DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:44:02 -0400
It will do it by default, based on the backup that has not run in the
longest time being run first.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/268644.htm

Details:
Prioritization of schedules, where, if more than one automatic schedule
is due for a client within a policy, the backup frequency determines the
schedule that NetBackup uses, only applies to frequency based schedules
and does not apply to calendar-based schedules.

For example, in case of frequency-based schedules, if two Full Backup
schedules (such as a Weekly Full and Monthly Full) were both scheduled
to run at precisely the same time and date, the Monthly Full would take
precedence, because it has been the longest amount of time since it ran
last, i.e. schedules with lower frequency (longer period between
backups) always get higher priority.

With calendar-based scheduling, prioritization is not used and the
selection process appears to be random. Scheduler will select the first
one it finds.

HTH,
Kate