Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone done benchmarking of any sort with..

2007-07-30 10:17:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone done benchmarking of any sort with..
From: "Dyck, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Dyck AT cognos DOT com>
To: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>, "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:00:41 -0400
Hey Paul,

Have you actually tried to implement this before (same STU being used with
multiple policies, two (or more) different MPX levels)?  Yours is the same
theory I figured on, being that the lowest MPX number wins out, but I've
observed differently when actually implementing it (NBU 5.1 MP5).

When I spat the failure (the fact that lower levels of MPX were obviously
writing to higher levels MPX streams) out to support, they basically said I had
different retentions for the different MPX policies, 3) create separate STUs
for the different MPX policies.

Question on VTLs, the only reason I could see you wanting to MPX anything on
them would be to save $$.  Symantec has two options (I think?) "license per
virtual drive" or "license per TB used" last I checked into it.  Any technical
reason anyone can think of to MPX data onto a VTL?

Cheers,
Jon