Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone done benchmarking of any sort with..

2007-07-27 08:44:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone done benchmarking of any sort with..
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:29:06 -0400
Oh, I had a spare 240 available, so I loaded ORACLE 10/Solaris 10 on it.

I had a DBA created a database with 108GB of data in it.  Then we did a
Level 0 (full) backup, that took 39 mins.

Then we destroyed the database and restored it.

Then we just kept doing it back and forth, testing different ways to do
the backup/restore.

Kevin