Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU on Nexsan MAID-enabled devices?

2007-07-25 10:28:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU on Nexsan MAID-enabled devices?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:28:01 -0500

The Nexsan SATAbeast has some built in maid-features like parking the heads, slowing the drive rotation, and powering down a drive.  Has anybody actually enabled any of these features when using them for DSSU space?  I’m curious to see how fast the drives will spin back up and if that will trigger a host time-out first or not.   As VTLs, I would expect the timeouts to be longer, but for DSSUs, it’s simply a file open…    We’re looking at a SATAbeast for both Solaris and Windows media servers.

Thanks,

               …/Ed

--

Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA