Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Possible to exclude Shadow Copy Components from ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?

2007-07-24 17:16:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Possible to exclude Shadow Copy Components from ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:03:30 -0400

Shadow Copy Components:\ will not be backed up if Volume Shadow Copy service is disabled.

With ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES as backup selection, NetBackup calls the VSC service to create the Shadow Copy Components:\.  When the service is disabled, Shadow Copy Components:\ cannot be created therefore it is not backed up.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926

Jared M Seaton/MGW/MYLAN

07/24/2007 04:52 PM

"Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Possible to exclude Shadow Copy Components from ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?Link

There will be no errors for the backup job, but in the Event Viewer you will see an error that Volume Shadow Copy service was trying to start but that it is disabled and cannot start.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926

"Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/24/2007 04:48 PM

Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Possible to exclude Shadow Copy Components from ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?

Will that fail backups or will it skip the Shadow Copy Components?