Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ejecting a recalled vault tape

2007-07-23 12:26:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting a recalled vault tape
From: <Brian.Beaird AT cat DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:13:15 -0500
Does anyone know how you are supposed to re-eject a tape that was vaulted,
recalled, and injected into the library?  If I try to use vlteject, it just
tells me that the media has already been ejected (via the very first time it
was vaulted).  Here's what I've done:

1.) Run vault job to eject tape
2.) Remove tape from library and sent off
3.) Recall tape
4.) Use ./vltinject to reinsert tape into library
5.) Do necessary restore
6.) ??? How to re-eject tape to send back off-site ???

Brian Beaird