Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win 2k3 x64 Tape drivers?

2007-07-20 11:04:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win 2k3 x64 Tape drivers?
From: tburrell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:45:12 -0700
Anyone out there running Windows 2003 media servers- x64 version?  We are
looking at switching over from 32-bit, but can't find any tape drivers.
Symantec's web site does say that for IA-64 you should use the MS drivers, but
we can't find anything about x64.

x64 is working very well for us on a couple of disk-only media servers, but now
we want to add tape.

Can anyone tell me if they are running this, and if so what device drivers are
you using?

We called support, but all we got was "talk to sales".  Not exactly what we had
in mind.

Tom