Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I backup thee, Let me count the ways .

2007-07-19 10:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I backup thee, Let me count the ways .
From: <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:36:15 -0500

Here are some of the options that I thought of for starters ... can anyone add to the list?

  1. Traditional direct to tape backup via media server
  2. Direct to tape via SAN media server/client
  3. Snapshot
  4. Mirrored disk
  5. Proprietary application backup to flat file first
  6. Database exports to disk first
  7. Agent based hot backups
  8. D2D2T or VTL type solutions
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are secure. Communications that are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation.