Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Library changed

2007-07-18 18:57:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Library changed
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
> root@server # /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0
> Generating list of recommended changes ...
>
> Proposed Change(s) to Update the Volume Configuration
> Logically add new media AB0123 (barcode AB0123L2) to robot slot 1.
> Updating volume configuration ...
>
> Processing new media added to the robotic library by logically
> adding media with new media IDs as follows...
>         Media ID        Slot
>         ========        ====
>

> Update failed: could not add new media ID 'AB0123' into slot 1
> Insert media failed:
> media ID not unique in database (34)
>

> Is there any way around this situation so that we can restore from these
> tapes?

You can tell the database that the barcode has changed.

(Change barcode for a volume)
  vmchange [-h <EMM_server> | <volume_database_host>]
           -barcode <barcode> -m <media_id>
           [-rt <robot_type>]

I think in your case you could run a quick script to gather all the
media volumes, use 'vmchange' to add a 'L3' to the end and then the
media and barcodes would match up.