Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1MP6 x86 Client Issues

2007-07-18 18:34:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1MP6 x86 Client Issues
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:53:45 -0400
Folks,
        I'm working on getting our Exchange Servers to do file/system
backups now and have to use the 5.1MP6 x86 client.  I've gotten them
installed and set up in a policy.  However, I've noticed several oddities:

1.  Most jobs are returning 41s.  I've kicked up logging and respawned jobs,
but no logs.  There are no firewalls between the Windows 6.0MP4 Master and
the client and the client server isn't running the Windows firewall.

2.  When I had a job work yesterday, it wouldn't do the Shadow Copy
Components.

Anyone running this, or something similar?  Troubleshooting tips?

I'm about to the point of calling Symantec, which I don't want to do.

Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer
IITS - Longwood University