Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and duplication related problem.

2007-07-16 16:43:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and duplication related problem.
From: "prabhakar singh" <veritas.backup.bu AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 02:00:10 +0530

Hi

We have 1 master/media server and 3 mediaservers in our setup. One physical library with 10 drives configured on master server. 80 drives of virtual tape library distributed between master and mediaservers.
26 drives to master/media, another 26 drives to 1 media server and last 28 to 2 media server.

My problem is we are getting slow speed in duplication which causes delay in vault schedules. Backups are going on virtual library using all the 3 servers.
My catalog is only on master server.

My concern is whether at the time of duplication the images which are to be written from virtual library to physical library is flowing thru SAN i.e fiber channel or it is flowing thru network.

Kindly help me out with this.
Thanks in advance..