Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpflist not working in NBU 6.0 MP4?

2007-07-16 11:27:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpflist not working in NBU 6.0 MP4?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:06:00 -0400

This is on UNIX.

I’m not sure what you would get without flags – perhaps the Windows version defaults to current host?   On UNIX typing “bpflist” all by itself returns “no entity”.

The backup is run on our master server and backups filesystems mounted on the master server (that is to say it is the client as well as the master).

In the past (5.1) I found I could specify the backupid (which IMO should have been enough since it is unique) but also had to specify –d (start date/time) and –e (end date/time) even with the backupid.

I should mention I’ve tried it without the backupid as well – specifying policy, date range, client etc… - no combination I’ve done has resulted in output other than “no entity”.

I got the backup IDs by using the bpimmedia and bpimagelist commands (and verified they both gave the same IDs.).

This is a multi-stream (but NOT multiplex) backup so there are 3 backup IDs.  None of the 3 backup IDs returned by bpimmedia and bpimagelist work.