Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?

2007-07-12 17:49:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:35:23 -0400
Yes HP Media will work in an IBM drive and visa-versa. LTO is an
independent hardware standard that all manufacturers must adhere to and
qualify for.  If you bought name brand media and it didn't work in a
known working drive from a different manufacturer I'd return that media
to the manufacturer for a full refund immediately.

-Jonathan