Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting catalog form Solaris to Windows 2003

2007-07-12 15:03:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting catalog form Solaris to Windows 2003
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Akker Henk van den" <H.vandenAkker AT wml DOT nl>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:46:59 -0400
Back to the original question. I think the databases (Sybase/emm, etc) would
restore just fine, but the text files would have a problem.  So what if you
just fixed the text files?

Although it's unsupported, I'm thinking that it's like the scenario below.
(Test and try at your own risk.  I'm typing from memory/ideas, not testing.)

1. Load NBU software on the new master
2. Load Unix utilities on the Windows server (you're going to want them anyway)
3. Recover the database (don't start the daemons yet)
4. Run a script like the following

cd <openv>
find . -print |xargs file |grep text |awk -F: '{print $1}'|while read i
do
        unix2dos $i >$$.$i
        mv $$.$i $i
done

Again, try at your own risk.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies