Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Domains for Master and Media Server

2007-07-12 06:00:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Domains for Master and Media Server
From: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
To: "Conner, Mike" <MConner AT imb DOT org>, Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:31:20 +0100

Just to add, we successfully migrated a master server to new hardware with a new name, personally I think the procedure it not complicated at all,just an understanding of the various DB’s within 5.1.  However we did indeed have a Symantec PS chap on site in order for it to be supported, just a way of making money as we planned and carried out the work anyway whilst your man didn’t particular add anything.

Nevertheless it is certainly possible, and would rather have a master server adhering to a new naming convention than messing about with host files, alias’s etc.

Dave