Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas 6 upgrade

2007-07-11 12:09:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas 6 upgrade
From: "Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis AT imb DOT com>
To: "Conner, Mike" <MConner AT imb DOT org>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:55:19 -0700

Are these VMware virtual servers? Have you looked into their VMware Consolidated Backup and NetBackup Integration Module solution? I’m currently implementing it at our location. Basically you don’t need a NetBackup client on the virtual sever. Rather the VCB framework snapshots the disk and backups it up LAN-free. You can perform file level or full VM backups. Basically you setup a VCB proxy server that is also a NetBackup media server. If you’re interested I can send you some documentation on it.

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter