Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MS SQL 2005 Backups

2007-07-10 15:47:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MS SQL 2005 Backups
From: chriswible AT att DOT net
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:35:23 +0000
Hey Daniel,

I have been at different companies and have done MS SQL Backups to tape through NBU and I would highly recommend it.  I have found it much faster than backing up files from disk.  I currently would recommend using a combination of Full, Differential, and Log backups on DB's that are in full recovery mode.  You can skip the Diff backups on smaller DB's and just do Fulls daily.  I think log backups every hour has been a standard at most of the companies I have worked for.

--
Chris Wible

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:38:38 -0700
> From: "Jimenez, Daniel"
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] MS SQL 2005 Backups
> To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
>
> Hey guys
>

> We are going to start backing up MS SQL 2005 and I would like to know
> the best ways to backup this type of database? Can anyone through their
> experiences give me their solution and why they felt it was the best way
> to do this? I know there is the Veritas way and that may be the best way
> of doing these backups but I would like to hear some alternative ways
> that may be better than using the Veritas solution, thanks.
&! gt;