Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup problem

2007-07-10 11:18:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup problem
From: "Len Boyle" <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "David McWilliams" <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>, "NetBackup List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:02:01 -0400

Hello David,

I believe that you have to look at the error logs on the NDMP device to find the root cause of the problem.

The 99 error code is one of those codes that can include almost anything that causes a fault in the backup process.

The logs on the NDMP device should have more detail on what the problem is.

The reason=4 may be the key to the error.

Which device is running the NDMP process?