Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] migrating Legato images from tape to NetBackup

2007-07-09 11:22:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] migrating Legato images from tape to NetBackup
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT uk.telstra DOT com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:01:07 -0400
Hi,

It is the best practice to consolidate all backups to one backup solution and keep the older separate as a small environment for restores from old tapes. That is what I did when I needed to migrate from ArcServe and consolidate all existing backups to NetBackup. I have a small tape liner for restores with ArcServe and all SAN based tape libraries now with NetBackup. I think, this approach is much less expensive and time consuming.

Regards,
Boris