Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle 8 Backup - NBU6.0 MP4

2007-07-09 10:27:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle 8 Backup - NBU6.0 MP4
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Mike Kiles" <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:13:11 -0400
If you can't shut it down you'll need to use RMAN and the NetBackup
Oracle add on.   I can't offer a lot of guidance on that since we do
have DBAs that created the repository it needs and are responsible for
the scripts and cron scheduling - we only created the policy and the
"schedules" (full, incremental etc...) within that which they call from
the scripts.   There are sample RMAN scripts with the NBU Oracle stuff.