Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support [NC]

2007-07-03 21:42:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support [NC]
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <misha.pavlov AT sgcib DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 20:26:59 -0500
> Symantec support is awfull.
> I feel like they dragg engineer's assignment for every ticket I open,
> so the issue will go away on it's own or all related log files will
> expire.
>
> This is not acceptable..

We have seen the opposite and we have logged a lot of calls.  Although
sometimes it can take longer than we like to get past the first 1 or 2
levels, once we get to the 3rd or 4th level, we have been getting excellent
support.  Our issues don't go away and we do have the expertise to help the
support folks get to the bottom of the problems.  We've received many a
patch and we have also been the first to find several show-stoppers.  My
personal favorite was just a week or 2 ago - the DSSU destage wrote to a
tape, failed (bug in NBU), and wrote to another tape, failed, and repeated
until we ran out of tapes.  We now have a patch for that one...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org