Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] A Better Way?

2007-07-03 09:49:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] A Better Way?
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:37:14 -0400
The perl script I have for this runs

vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 -rh $nbu_master -h $nbu_master to get the
output of all tapes in the lbirary

bpimmedia -L -mediaid $media -M $nbu_master

To parse the images on each tape / then sort to find the expiration of
the last image and then

vmquery -m $media

To attach the volume pool.

The generated report looks something like

XX0001, OFFSITE-VAULT, 2/1/2008
XX0002, OFFSITE-DR, 3/23/2008
XX0003, OFFSITE-VAULT, 2/4/2008
XX0004, OFFSITE-VAULT, 2/9/2008