Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2007-07-03 07:46:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: Rolf C <rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:20:35 +0000
Hello all,

I'm running NB 6.0 MP4 on Windows 2003.

When i try to backup a client that is turned off the backup failes with an error 58, can't connect to client. That's obvious. But Netbackup retries that backup over and over again within some hours. (f.e. 20 times within 2 hours) On the Master Server we left de default setting of backup retries 2 times in 12 hours.

I also have the same behavior with succesful backups. Sometimes Netbackup will start the same backup several times within a specific schedule. So í'll end up with 5 or 6 succesfully completed backups.

Anyone having the same problems/experience?

See what you’re getting into…before you go there. Check it out!