Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Two Expired Tapes

2007-06-29 16:25:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Two Expired Tapes
From: asmith4626 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:57:17 -0700
I wrote a 3 line script that i used in version 5 to delete tapes from all three
"databases".  Really flat files.

usra1nb:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies # more rtape
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -m $1 -d 0 -justimage -force
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -m $1 -d 0 -justmedia -force
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -deassignbyid $1 6 0x0

$1 is the tape barcode label.  the "6" in the third command screen is the
volume pool number.  You may need to adjust this for your own system .  So
executing is ./rtape TYC111, or something like that.  This worked without fail
for version 5 in getting rid of tape information.  Making them reusable.  I
just moved to version six and the emm database and need to figure out the
correct way now to do it there.