Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade question

2007-06-28 13:55:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade question
From: Wayne T Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:27:08 -0400
I have no idea.  But I thought I would mention that my plan to upgrade
from 5.1->6.0 is to avoid the upgrade.  This will be possible in my case
because (1) we don't keep long term backups and (2) we're installing a
new (Linux) server to replace our aging (Solaris) server.  We'll run in
parallel for a time.  It's more work on the client end (to change backup
server name(s)) and configuration end (licenses, policies, etc. must be
reentered), but I *know* there will be no upgrade hassle and my new
system will be independent of any strangeness that might be in my old
catalog data.   Might work for you ... might not.

cheers, wayne