Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Change of WWN-numbers

2007-06-25 03:08:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Change of WWN-numbers
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: DULLAART Rob ONL <rob.dullaart AT orange-ftgroup DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:51:59 +1000

You may need to do something like this:

1. Stop all tape operations and make sure all tapes are rewound and unloaded.

(Shutdown NetBackup and media manager daemons) use:

bpps -a (to check processes)

bp.kill_all

then kill or kill -9 if processes are left

2. Modify the /kernel/drv/st.conf   file so that it has the correct entries in it.

3. Do a "modinfo | grep tape" to make sure the st driver is not loaded. If the driver does not unload, there will be an entry like this:

"86 61290000 dfe9 33 1 st (SCSI tape Driver 1.173)" in the output

If that is the case, then the module may have to be specified. To specify the module, run modunload -i <module_id> or to match the above output, run "modunload -i 86"

4. Once the st driver module is properly unloaded, run rm /dev/rmt/*

This will delete all of the symbolic links in the /dev/rmt directory.

5. Next, run the "drvconfig -i st" command.

This will re-install the st driver with the new /kernel/drv/st.conf settings.

7. Then, run the following command: /usr/sbin/tapes, this should make the links in /dev/rmt

Cheers,

Dom