Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade path from netbackup 5.1 on Linux

2007-06-21 19:01:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade path from netbackup 5.1 on Linux
From: "Dan Dobbs" <DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:41:56 -0700
Greetings, all.

I'm currently running NetBackup 5.1 on a Red Hat box, but I can't
resist the sirens' call of Bare Metal Restore offered in 6.5. I only
have one combo master/media server, so ideally the upgrade shouldn't be
horrific.

Can one upgrade directly to 6.5 from 5.1, or does one need to upgrade
to 6.0 first? Is there doc out there outlining a 'best practices'
method?

Additionally, is NetBackup backwards-compatible with prior Netware
target-based clients, or do I need to have them all updated at the same
time?

Thanks in advance,

-dd

-Dan Dobbs, RHCT