Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)

2007-06-21 12:23:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)
From: "King, Cheryl" <cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com>
To: "Kirkevold, Matt" <matt.kirkevold AT intrado DOT com>, "Bailey, Tim" <Tim.Bailey AT intrado DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:07:53 -0600
Hey, it looks like the 6.5 version has a new SAN client and some other
disk related options.  We'll have to look into that.  We should install
6.0 to make sure we get everything implemented correctly, then go to
6.5.  That's what the more knowledgeable users are saying.  We don't
want to stay on 6.0 because it's not stable but we need to go through
the upgrade steps of 6.0.  So it will be like putting 6.0 and then 6.5
for maintenance.  Although 6.5 was announced it's not GA yet.  We may
even do 6.0 and MP4 (which is stable), then wait for 6.5 until 1st
quarter 2008.  We'll have to see what the early adopters have to say
about it.