Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Enhanced authentication

2007-06-20 20:27:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Enhanced authentication
From: Kyle Oliver <k_f_o AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
    I am having some troubles trying to get the enhanced authentication to work
as I would like.  I have a small subset of commands that I am trying to run as
a non-root user in NetBackup.  For reasons that escape me at the moment,
Veritas has made this task extremely difficult and multi-part.  If I add the
user to the authorize.txt file in /usr/openv/var/, some of the commands that I
need to work, do.  Other commands give an error about the user ID is not
superuser.  All of the errors go away for backups of the master server if I add
ALL : <master server> to the methods_allow.txt file and run a bpauthsync.
Backups of clients break with a cannot connect on socket error.  I can't
imagine that I need to go out and touch each of the clients, that is ugly.

Here are the commands that are problematic:
bppllist, bperror, bpimmedia

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kyle