Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NB51MP6 Error updating client host properties

2007-06-20 02:43:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB51MP6 Error updating client host properties
From: "Khurram Tariq" <khurramtm AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:29:09 +0500
Higher version of NBU server can talk to lower version of client (not too low though). The matrix exists in the installation guide but I dont think thats the problem you're facing.

Is there a firewall between the NBU server and client? If yes then you may have to consult the pages in the Admin Guide where they talk about the ports that need to be opened for them to communicate properly. Also check the bp.conf on the client & check that the client & server can resolve each other's IPs from hostnames either via hosts file or DNS.

Regards,
Khurram