Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Aptare and NBU not reporting properly ...

2007-06-14 20:18:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Aptare and NBU not reporting properly ...
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Philip McDougal'" <pmcdougal AT calamos DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:04:27 -0500
>Today, I upgraded to  6.0.19 and as soon as I finished upgrading, the job
summaries for today >started filling up with errors. Well, no jobs ran but I
have tons of Job Summaries that have >either a 0 for the JOBID or a NULL
value.  It?s totally blowing my SLAs and SOX audits to pieces.

I've been running 6.0.19 since it first came out and haven't seen this
issue.  I've had other issues over the years but not this one.  The weirdest
one we just resolved today but the root cause of it was a NetBackup bug that
caused jobs to try and run on the wrong master server and Aptare caught it
and ended up seeing one client with backup jobs from 2 master servers.
Yeah, no wonder we've never seen that before!

Contact Aptare support again and work with them to try and figure out what's
causing it.  It could be related to the version of NetBackup you're running
(they behave differently if you're version 5 or 6 and sometimes NBU maint
paks screw them up).

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP