Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do i use Exclude_list and Include_list in solaris 9 with NBU6 for filesystem backups

2007-06-14 03:41:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do i use Exclude_list and Include_list in solaris 9 with NBU6 for filesystem backups
From: kashif anwar <kashif_sy AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:24:37 +0000 (GMT)
hi,

Can anybody suggest me about how to use Exclude & include list? what I've tried so far is ,
i created a App_FS policy for application filesystem backup for multiple clients. For each client i created combination of exclude & include list with different tries  (naming convention is :  exclude_list.App_FS or include_list.App_FS etc)

1 Try: In exclude list i wrote * to negate everything and then in include list i wrote all the filesystem of which backup i want to take.  but it didnt give me outcome rather it started multiple backups of a last stream written in include_list for  those filesystem which donot present on that client.

2 Try:
then i added all posible file system in the policy and made an exclude list file in which i wrote all those file system which are not present in the server. This technique worked for me but there is a problem ,  Netbackup start all the streams for filesystem which donot belongs to that client and ends with status 71 with comments " none of the files in the file list exist" . infact i dont want that error message in my NBU Admin console.

can any body guide me the right way to implement Exclude_include list?

Thanks,

Kashif Anwar.