Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Offsite tapes

2007-06-07 16:02:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Offsite tapes
From: "Wolters, Keith" <Keith.Wolters AT level3 DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:29:38 -0600
I'm trying to develop a procedure for duplicating backups for offsite using NBU 6.0 (master and media servers are Solaris). There are about 8 machines whose backups I want to duplicate. Some backup go directly to tape and some are staged to disk. I use automatic staging. When I run a script to use bpduplicate I notice I sometimes get errors like this:

nbdup.log:11:06:54 INF - Skipping backup id amamed_1181109602, it already has 2 copies.

I assume that has to do with whether or not my script runs after the backup has already been staged to tape. What I need to know is how best to deal with that and get a copy whether or not a backup has been migrated to tape or not.