Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Strategies (fwd)

2007-06-01 15:16:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Strategies (fwd)
From: Carl Mathews <cmathews AT cavern.uark DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:59:22 -0500 (CDT)
 Our Solaris 9 Master Server is running NB_5.1 MP6 on a V480.
What I want to do is to bring up Solaris 10 on a T2000, install NB_5.1 MP6
then upgrade to NB_6.0MP4.  I heard that it would be better to upgrade
Netbackup on the existing server then transfer to the T2000, but there is
not enough disk on the current computer for NB 6.0.  Bringing up a new
server with NB_5.1 also leaves a fall back plan in-case the upgrade fails.
I can switch back to the V480. I am thinking about adding new media pools
and have the new server back up new tapes so the old master catalog
will stay synchronized if I have to go back. Why is it better to upgrade
Netbackup before migrating to the new platform?

Thanks Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas