Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server Tape Drive Issues

2007-05-30 13:25:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server Tape Drive Issues
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:00:35 -0400
No, they didn't.  I gave in and called support.  We shutdown NetBackup and
the servers.  Went and shut down our ADIC.  Brought it back up, restarted
servers and NBU.  All back.  While the Windows box didn't have any issues
with the ADIC with regard to the tape drives, the Linux box evidently had
some reservations that didn't get removed with the ADIC on the power down
when power failed.  I still don't know if the ADIC lost power, but I'm
guessing it didn't, resulting in the problems.

Jason