Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Newbie to Netbackup using VTL

2007-05-11 02:22:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Newbie to Netbackup using VTL
From: netbackup-forum at backupcentral.com (dy018)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:22:08 -0700
Hi everyone,

I'm new using VTL with netbackup.

I was hoping anyone here already implemented such a setup in their current
environment and hope share your general setup plan? I'm now planing for such a
setup and only have experience using normal tape libraries.

I understand that VTL able to create multiple tape libraries and tape drives.
If i'm cloning data that already backup in VTL to the actual tape library, what
is the common practice? script? netbackup?

Let's say if i have 100 clients and i do not use multiplexing and instead
creating 100 virtual tape drives, does it mean that i need 100 LTO3 tape when i
do cloning? Will the activity monitor display backup failure from VTL to the
normal tape library?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance