Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Taking the plunge to upgrade from 5.1 MP4 to 6.0

2007-05-10 16:13:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Taking the plunge to upgrade from 5.1 MP4 to 6.0
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
> Read all of the replies and had to laugh. 90% of the problems that came with
> 6.0 were because people didn't do their upgrades correctly and didn't RTFM
> before pulling the trigger. They can only blame themselves, but hey, much
> easier to blame the software instead of going to your boss and telling him
> what you did wrong.

Most of the problems I read about 6.0 before using it were with the
scheduler.  I was very happy to hear the warnings.  We set up a new (not
upgraded) 6.0 installation and saw similar issues.  I don't think that
was associated with upgrades.

The problems are mostly (but not entirely) resolved with MP4.  With a
little bit of cross checking, it's very stable.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com