Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and Solaris 10 ZFS

2007-05-08 18:01:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and Solaris 10 ZFS
From: A.Witt at math.canterbury.ac.nz (Allen Witt)
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:01:05 +1200 (NZST)
  Hello,
  I am running NBU6.4 on a Solaris 10 system to backup (amongst other FS's)
  users files on a ZFS filesystem. No problems.

  Make sure the file/directory/fs list for the schedule includes the MOUNT
  points of the ZFS filesystems and/or allows crossing filesystem boundaries.

  No problem

  Allen

  From: "Juan Rojas" <jrojas at geisinger.edu>

Greetings,

I am running NBU 5.1 Mp6 on a Solaris 10 11/06 system.  I created a ZFS pool
with two file systems in it.  When I backup the file systems the only thing
that
gets backed up are the directory entries and not the files underneath them.

I googled, read the Veritas documentation, contacted support and still can not
get an answer.  Is anybody backing up ZFS files and can point me to gotchas?

Thanks.

Juan Rojas

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all
electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any),
destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by
replying to this email. Thank you.

                    Chaos reigns within.
                    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
                    Order shall return.