Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and Solaris 10 ZFS

2007-05-08 09:31:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and Solaris 10 ZFS
From: jrojas at geisinger.edu (Juan Rojas)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:31:03 -0400
Greetings,

I am running NBU 5.1 Mp6 on a Solaris 10 11/06 system.  I created a ZFS pool
with two file systems in it.  When I backup the file systems the only thing
that gets backed up are the directory entries and not the files underneath them.

I googled, read the Veritas documentation, contacted support and still can not
get an answer.  Is anybody backing up ZFS files and can point me to gotchas?

Thanks.

Juan Rojas

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error,
please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me
immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.