Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Tuning Solaris 10 for NetBackup Media Server

2007-05-07 13:10:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Tuning Solaris 10 for NetBackup Media Server
From: netbackup-forum at backupcentral.com (sauderd)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:10:18 -0700
The four onboard NICs as well as an extra 2-port NIC we installed are all GLDv3
devices.  So, they take advantage of the new dladm command to do link
aggregation.  We had the networking guys configure the 6 ports on the Cisco
switch (LACP protocol) and then we did the aggregation as follows:

dladm create-aggr -P L2 -l active -d e1000g0 -d e1000g1 -d e1000g2 -d e1000g3
-d e1000g4 -d e1000g5 18
ifconfig aggr18 plumb nvsun14 up

One would only use Sun trunking if the NICs or software could not take
advantage of the new GLDv3 stack.  In particular, we found that the ce (Cassini
NIC) devices will never take advantage to of the dladm aggregation.  Their
performance is also much poorer because they bury the CPU.  So stay away from
them.

But dladm rocks!