Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Driver issue?

2007-05-04 14:31:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Driver issue?
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:31:24 -0400
Could it be a bad tape?  I've got 3 SuperLoader3s in production and they
do pretty well for remote site backups / not a lot of data.  I had a
similar issue in our UK office, and it turned out the drive was bad (it
wouldn't write any data to the tape) and Quantum shipped out an entirely
new unit.  Given that you can write some data I'd think a bad tape but
who knows?  Do you have the SL3's nic hooked up?  You can checkout the
hardware logs for more information.

-Jonathan