Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Hardware Recommendations for new setup

2007-05-04 05:07:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Hardware Recommendations for new setup
From: netbackup-forum at backupcentral.com (netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 02:07:19 -0700
Hey Dom,

thanks for the reply.

You're right, 2 is possibly scraping the barrel a bit but personally I feel 6
would be overkill. The windows backup server (BackupExec 11d) for example is
connected to a Dell Powervault LTO3 changer (8 slots) and we cope without a
problem. I will put down 4 LTO 3's and then if more are needed I will order.
But yes, the 2TB is for a full weekend backup. Nightly inc's are usually around
the 300~400GB range.

Any particular reason for the slow output from the Windows client's? I can
pretty much saturate the 1GB link (private backup LAN) currently on the clients
without too much trouble.

Looked at the T2000, nice little box. Any particular config (CPU/RAM/HDD's)?
This project is likely to go ahead in the next 4~6 weeks so not too sure on
timelines for NB 6.5 or x64 support.

Cheers,
Dale