Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quickest way to restore servers

2007-05-03 03:15:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quickest way to restore servers
From: cpreston at glasshouse.com (Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 03:15:15 -0400
Actually, the scenario he lays out is exactly the scenario where using
mpx'd restores actually helps.  It will allow the tape drive to stream
during the restore just like during the backups.  I've done this many
times, and there is no penalty.

I would fire every one of the 100 restores at the same time, using the
command line so that you can make sure they all happen within the
restore delay.  (Or you can increase the restore delay as suggested in
another post.) Then NBU will automatically do the 10 or so at a time
that were multiplexed together.

---

W. Curtis Preston

Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS

VP Data Protection

GlassHouse Technologies