Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unable to get a storage unit for client

2007-05-01 13:34:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unable to get a storage unit for client
From: clri.c0t0d0 at gmail.com (i node)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:34:42 -0400
I have a case open with NetBackup support that that they've not been able to
help me with.  Thought I'd give you good people a shot at it:
1.) We are getting these messages repeating in bpsched log: "unable to get a
storage unit for client".  Most of the time the messages eventually stop and
the backup job runs.

2.) We sometimes need to recycle NetBackup when jobs begin to queue and
never become active.

3.) We have jobs that hang. They remain active, but last activity shown by
bperror is many hours old, and number of files or kilobytes backed up does
not progress.

Not sure if 2 & 3 are related to 1 or not.  Any ideas?