Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpmedialist -rn does not give desired output

2007-05-01 11:11:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpmedialist -rn does not give desired output
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 08:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm trying to get a medialist from Robot 0. So i run the bpmedialist
> -rn 0 = command. But i still see volumes that reside in Robot 2. So it
> seems the -r= n switch is not working. Anyone else got the same
> problem or got a workarou= nd?

What version of NBU are you using and what's the exact command you're
trying?

I don't see that -rn is a valid switch for bpmedialist except when
-count is used as well, which wouldn't be normally used.

The media database doesn't necessarily know if a particular volume is in
a robot or not.  When I'm doing things like this, I script it so that I
combine the media information from bpmedialist and the volume location
information from vmquery.

If you just need the list of volumes in the robot, then that's not
bpmedialist.  That's vmquery -rn 'x'.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com