Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0

2007-04-27 11:10:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0
From: fredgrieco at yahoo.com (Fred Grieco)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:10:50 -0700 (PDT)
My understanding is that the SSO option simply allows
you to use drives for NDMP and other backups.  Without
the SSO option license, Netbackup won't allow you to
add more than one physical path to a device, which is
required for that kind of setup.

I'm not sure about the Celerra.  If it's like a Netapp
NAS, would zone and connect things in the san so that
the system sees a particular tape drive, and then
configure the Celerra (by way of a simple device
configuration file) and Netbackup to use that drive.
It's completely unnecessary for the NBU master or
media server to see the device itself for NDMP
backups.

Fred

Hi,

We have some Celerra NAS devices on the network (and
SAN) and would
like
to  use NDMP to back up those devices. We have a tape
library with six
tape drives in the SAN. Is it possible to configure
the Celerra NAS
devices to mount the tape drives from the SAN with
NetBackup SSO
option?
Or we have to mount the tape drive on one of the
NetBackup media
servers
and do three-way or remote NDMP backup? I read through
the NetBackup
for
NDMP SA's guide but still not clear on how SSO works
with NDMP. Can
somebody kindly explain to me how SSO works with NDMP?

Thanks much,

Rongsheng