Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 Cluster - Backup Area Network

2007-04-26 15:01:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 Cluster - Backup Area Network
From: tburrell_mn at yahoo.com (Tom Burrell)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
Per Symantec's website:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276349

Status 69 or Status 71:

    * Confirm the directives are correct for the
version of Exchange. For Exchange 5.5, the directives
are Microsoft Exchange Server:\Information Store and
Microsoft Exchange Server:\Directory. For Exchange
2000/2003 server is Microsoft Information Store:\* or
Microsoft Information Store:\<storage_group_name>.
Please note that for the files list Microsoft
Information Store:\* to work correctly, Allow multiple
data streams must be enabled.
    * Confirm that the servers list correctly lists
the Exchange server name.  Do not use a NetBackup
name, the name of a backup interface, or a fully
qualified domain name.  If the server is listed in the
Exchange administrative console as Exchange_server_1,
confirm that is how it is listed in the policy.  If
the policy shows Exchange_server_1_backup or
Exchange_server_1.domain.com, the backups will fail.
    * If the backup makes use of the directive
NEW_STREAM, be sure the Allow multiple data streams
option is selected.

Tom