Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix

2007-04-24 22:23:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix
From: Anderson.Mccammont at morganstanley.com (McCammont, Anderson (IT))
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:23:51 +0100
If you do this you need to take part of your six digit barcode range and
dedicate it to the particular media type.

It's sad that Netbackup doesn't support proper regexps in the barcode
rules so that the 'L2', 'L3' (presumably) 'L4' last two digits of the
barcode can be used to select the media type.  We've had a feature
request in for years for this and it's gone nowhere (unless 6.x does it
and our rep hasn't mentioned it).

<rant>  why's there no feedback on feature requests - even when they do
make it into a release you're left to scrabble round to see if it made
it in there.  </rant>