Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DFS tracking

2007-04-24 11:06:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DFS tracking
From: tburrell_mn at yahoo.com (Tom Burrell)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
We have a large environment with a few hundred Wintel
servers.  Our server admins are introducing DFS into
this, but everyone is concerned about keeping track of
the relationship between DFS shares and physical
location for (among other things) Netbackup purposes-
making sure we can find the data for a restore without
jumping through a bunch of hoops.

I'm curious as to how anyone else out there is dealing
with this issue.  Are there any tips, tools or stories
people would like to share about how you are dealing
with this issue?

Tom