Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP job stopping on locked tape with error 84

2007-04-16 09:12:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP job stopping on locked tape with error 84
From: fredgrieco at yahoo.com (Fred Grieco)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 06:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
I was running an NDMP job this weekend that ran over
one tape.  The job attempted to write to another tape
that happened to be write protected.  At that point,
the job failed with an error 84 and restarted.  I had
plenty of other tapes in the robot.

Is this normal behavior?  Doesn't netbackup just go to
the next available scratch tape?  Is this something
specific to NDMP, and is there a way around it?

Thanks,
Fred